Faith Formation Update Sept 23 through Nov 1, 2021
Archdiocese of Boston COVID Faith Formation Guidelines through November 1
- Any parish in a town with a mask mandate must abide by their town’s requirements.
- Parishes that hold in-person gatherings for children’s faith formation and youth ministry that take place indoors – that is, any indoor faith formation programming involving those under the age of 18 – must require masks for all participants now through November 1.
- Masks are not required for children under 2 and are at the discretion of the parents for children aged 2 to 5.
- Parishes should remind participants in parish programming to practice good hygiene, especially frequent handwashing, and to avoid participating in parish activities if they are exhibiting signs of illness. Given the current circumstances, parishes should strongly encourage parishioners to stay home if they have even minor illnesses.
- We encourage parishes to continue to offer on-line faith formation and youth ministry opportunities, and/or to make use of parish and diocesan supported home-based programs such as Project Nazareth for those families unable to participate in-person at this time.
- Parishes are not allowed to require in-person attendance at faith formation and youth ministry programming this year as a condition for receiving First Holy Communion or Confirmation or for any other reason.