General Liability provides coverage in defense of claims or lawsuits brought against you due to bodily injury or property damage for which you are legally liable. This coverage applies when someone other than an employee is injured on your property, or off your property if the injury is allegedly caused by you. Typical types of General Liability claims include someone slipping and falling on your premises or a tree on your property falling onto a neighbor’s residence.
Our liability program provides protection to respond to claims and lawsuits against our insured locations. The protection has no deductible and, in addition to covering the cost of settlement or judgment, includes coverage for the expenses associated with investigating and defending the claims or litigation. These expenses may include legal fees, expert consulting and testimony, engineering or medical experts and other expenses related to the claim.
The basic liability program includes such additional protections as:
- Crisis Management and Communications Support
- Auto Liability (In addition to the primary auto liability coverage noted later)
- Directors and Officers coverage
- Professional Liability
- Sexual Misconduct Liability coverage
- Employment Practices Liability
- School Board Legal Liability
- Innocent Person Defense Cost Reimbursement
- Additional levels of protection for some of these lines of coverage are available under the “stand-alone” policies.
Institutional liability rates are based upon the unique operations and statistics of each institution.
For a formal quote of contribution cost, please fill out the New Member Participation Form.