Pandemic Unemployment Assistance Benefits 8.21.20
Webinar Materials & Note Regarding Pandemic Unemployment Assistance (PUA) Benefits for Staff Lost Time/Pay Due to COVID
August 21, 2020
Below is a link to the presentation, materials, and FAQ’s from the webinar, “Managing Staff Requests for Leaves of Absence”.
FAQ’s, Request for Leave of Absence, Response for Leave of Absence and Medical Inquiry forms:
- Parish/School Return to Work, Leave of Absence (LOA), and Quarantine FAQ’s – August 17, 2020
- Request for Leave of Absence or Accommodation
- Response to Request for Leave of Absence or Accommodation
- RCAB Medical Inquiry Form
In addition, below is a list of the COVID-related reasons as outlined by the state which may qualify staff for pay via PUA. This may be helpful to staff who have exhausted available sick time for their own or for a family member’s COVID-related illness, or who are unable to work for other COVID-related reasons as listed below:
- I was diagnosed with Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) or was experiencing symptoms of COVID-19.
- A member of my household has been diagnosed with COVID-19.
- I was providing care for a family or household member who was diagnosed with COVID-19.
- A child or other person I care for is unable to attend school or another facility as a result of COVID-19 and such school or facility care if required for me to work.
- I have become the breadwinner or major support for a household because the head of the household has died as a direct result of COVID-19.
- I am unable to reach my place of employment because of a quarantine imposed as a result of the COVID-19 public health emergency.
- I am unable to reach my place of employment because I have been advised by a health care provider to self-quarantine.
Please do not hesitate to reach-out to anyone in the HR department for additional information or for help with an existing situation. They can be reached at their individual email addresses or at HR@rcab.org.