These guidelines were distributed on October 28, 2020. If you have any questions, please email email@example.com or call the hotline: 617-746-5750.
- Food distribution at Thanksgiving could proceed with caution.
- No unwrapped food should be distributed.
- Social distancing protocols and the wearing of masks, even outside, should be strictly observed during the distribution.
- Volunteers should wear masks and gloves, and their temperature should be taken before the event begins.
- Traditions like the distribution of Thanksgiving bread should not proceed as is, but could be replaced with the blessing of food that each family brings themselves.
- If a food collection is taken up at Thanksgiving, there could be baskets at the back of the church, brought up by a couple of volunteers, rather than a general procession to the sanctuary with people carrying food.
- When possible, the donation and distribution of gift cards rather than food might be a safer alternative this year.